Frequent crashes for no apparent reason

myxal
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

IIRC, started getting crashes with the latest build (243968 OSX_Steam) - previously, I could play entire in-game year or more in 1 sitting, now I can barely make it through 1 season without the game crashing once or twice. There appears to be no lua error in the game log (didn't save any except the most recent one), and the crash doesn't seem to be reliably caused by my actions - I've had it happen on land, on boat, on the map... I "think" the crashes usually happened around the day->dusk transition, but am not completely sure.

EDIT: Nope, just had a crash mid-day.

The system crashlog looks to me as if there was a jump to a non-code area...

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000003
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Thread 3 Crashed:: com.apple.audio.IOThread.client
0   ???                           	0x00000003 0 + 3

log crash1.txt

dontstarve_steam_2017-11-30-203712_dutch.crash

dontstarve_steam_2017-11-30-205140_dutch.crash

dontstarve_steam_2017-11-30-224205_dutch.crash

dontstarve_steam_2017-12-01-223052_dutch.crash

log crash2.txt

dontstarve_steam_2017-12-02-134622_dutch.crash

Steps to Reproduce
Steps to reproduce - I wish I knew, that way I could maybe avoid it...

User Feedback

Among the crashes I got, I noticed 2 cases even in the most recent build (246924):

• Going over the map's edge in hurricane season crashes on the cTransformComponent::SetRotation(float) + 15 call
  • After returning to the ocean from the volcano, the game crashes before the first save (I think I was always on a boat, but may be wrong on that).

The 1st crash happens even when all mods are disabled (I don't think any of the mods affect worldgen). Attaching save for easy replication: SW-precrash - map edge.zip

The 2nd one is particularly annoying, as it leaves the volcano and the ocean worlds' day count de-synchronised, if a new-day-transition happened while I was in the volcano.

Edited by myxal

Share this comment