Regrown vines layered behind doors

JustTheBast
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

In recent days I have noticed a visual glitch that affects the vines inside ancient pig ruins, specifically vines that have been hacked away and have since regrown.

The regrown vines now appear layered behind the doors they block, rather than in front, as they were initially.  This is purely visual; they work as intended and can be hacked away again to unblock the door.  Doors in vertical and horizontal orientation are both affected by this.

Vines.png

Steps to Reproduce
1. Enter an Ancient Pig Ruin. 2. Find a vine-covered door. 3. Hack away the vines. 4. Leave the ruins until vines respawn. 5. Re-enter the ruins. 6. Return to the previously cleared door. 7. Vines are now regrown and block the door as intended, but are visually layered behind the door graphic, making it look open.

User Feedback

If you have a savefile that does this when you save in front of that door and shows it directly after load, could you upload it through the in-game bugreporter? (Main Menu>Options>Report Bug). Mention the issue and the saveslot and it'll upload your savegame for us to look at.

Share this comment

16 hours ago, bizziboi said:

If you have a savefile that does this when you save in front of that door and shows it directly after load, could you upload it through the in-game bugreporter?

I have just done so.

In order to isolate the issue and give a clean gamestate without potential mod interference, I had started a fresh game and found that at first I could not replicate the error.  Thinking that it had to be one of my mods, I kept activating different mods until the error occurred, but the result seemed strange; I could not narrow down which mod was causing the visual glitch, since its appearance almost seemed random, no matter which mods I activated, and once it appeared, it stayed even when all mods were deactivated.

Finally I figured out that it wasn't the mods I was activating, but the process of repeatedly loading the game to check, then saving and quitting back to the main menu, over and over as I fiddled with the mod settings.  If I just did that and left the mods off the entire time, the glitch still appeared after repeated saving and loading.

I have submitted an in-game bug report with two saveslots.  The first contains a gamestate before the glitch appeared, and the second slot contains a copy of that gamestate, which I simply saved and reloaded repeatedly, until the glitch happened.

Before-and-after.png

Edited by JustTheBast
Added image
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment