It crashes when I leave a shop/cave/ruin

Joaquin2blea
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

It has already happened to me like 10 times, I can not enter to buy at the store without crashing the game.

Steps to Reproduce
enter to a shop, press leave, it crashes

User Feedback

Hello @Joaquin2blea, welcome to the forums. When the game crashes, do not instantly reopen the game but instead go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve and make a copy of log.txt and attach that to your bug report. Logs are important when it comes to crashes.

So let the game crash again then, get the log.txt file and attach it into your reply to this bug report.

Share this comment

On 17/11/2018 at 1:24 AM, Zillvr said:

Hello @Joaquin2blea, welcome to the forums. When the game crashes, do not instantly reopen the game but instead go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve and make a copy of log.txt and attach that to your bug report. Logs are important when it comes to crashes.

So let the game crash again then, get the log.txt file and attach it into your reply to this bug report.

Look pls

log.txt

And I have bad fps (50) 

Share this comment

Hello @Joaquin2blea, based on the logs. (This is purely guesswork). The mod "FDDynamicStatusBarA" is calculating too many things that your PC slows down. I suggest disabling it then try again. Unfortunately, this seems like a mod issue rather than a DLC issue. Let the mod creator know about it.

Also it seems the mod hasn't been updated since SW was released. So I highly discourage continuing to use the mod cause it'll be unstable eventually when the game gets updated until release.

Hopefully disabling the mod works, if not. Get another copy of the logs with the mod disabled. Hopefully I can figure out a workaround for you if it crashes again.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @Joaquin2blea, based on the logs. (This is purely guesswork). The mod "FDDynamicStatusBarA" is calculating too many things that your PC slows down. I suggest disabling it then try again. Unfortunately, this seems like a mod issue rather than a DLC issue. Let the mod creator know about it.

Also it seems the mod hasn't been updated since SW was released. So I highly discourage continuing to use the mod cause it'll be unstable eventually when the game gets updated until release.

Hopefully disabling the mod works, if not. Get another copy of the logs with the mod disabled. Hopefully I can figure out a workaround for you if it crashes again.

Crash again

log2.txt

10 hours ago, Zillvr said:

i disalbed some mods but it crashes again 

log.txt

Share this comment

@Joaquin2blea You really have a lot of mods. I don't particularly dabble with troubleshooting mod issues. But first, make a new save WITHOUT mods and see if you crash when you do the exact same thing. If not, then it's definitely issues with the combination of mods you are using. Your log keeps displaying:

An invalid object handle was used. 

Which leads me to think it's an issue with configuration made by one of the many mods you have.

If you really want to stick with that many mods, we're going to be troubleshooting for a long while. If disabling FDDynamicStatusBarA doesn't help, disable the minimap hud mod. If that doesn't help, disable the next thing that you think would require the game to calculate a lot of things like what a minimap hud does (it individually calculated location of everything on the map in real-time).

Share this comment

On 11/16/2018 at 11:24 PM, Zillvr said:

Everytime i enter a ruinous entrance, go through the rooms, then attempt to leave one of them to go back to the room i just came from, the game crashes

log.txt

Share this comment

@SkyVexx based on the log, your game is having issues with the mod "[Gorge] Victorian HUD - SW/Hamlet", it could also be conflicting with other mods you have. (the other mods might even not be functioning properly). The next steps you should take are either of the following:

Disable that mod entirely..

OR

Report your log.txt file to the mod creator in hopes that they can remedy the crashes for you.

Eitherway, it's likely that it's that mod that causes the issue IF it crashes again then possibly other mods of yours are causing the crash.

Share this comment