Sound effect from generating the world keeps playing after the game actually starts

YiinHikari
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

First: sorry if there is already a post about this, I tried but I couldn't find any. 

I have issues with sound in general in my game from several years now, but I want to report here one specific bug:

When the world is generating itself and is in loading screen, in any kind of game and with/without dlcs, the loading screen freezes in black a little while (that's okay I guess) while still playing the sound, and here the bug: the game then loads the screen normally BUT the background sound of the loading screen keeps playing for almost a minute more, and it overlaps with maxwell dialog or whatever follows the loading of the game.

I know is not a big issue and appart from being very annoying, specially if you generate a new world often, it does'nt appear to affect the rest of the game. I don't know if it is related to the rest of the sound issues I mentioned before so I post it separately.

I installed the beta and I can confirm that it doesn't fix this (it wasn't in the fix log anyway) and yes, I have mods installed, but nothing that touches sounds or worldgen and this happens even without mods, even if I delete the game and re-instal it brand new. As I said, this begun to happen in my game a long time ago and I already tryed every obvious solution and I couldn't find where is the problem, I also did the diagnostic of files froms steam but everything seems fine.

I use don't starve from steam on a windows 10 pc, this already happened when I had win7.

As this is and old and forgoten issue for me, I am more than whilling to try again any solution, obvious or not, that you may recommend, primarily with the intention of document it and give it to you guys so you can find what is wrong and if it is fixable or if is something only on my pc or whatever the problem might be.

I hope I have been understandable enough, and thank you for reading me!

p.s.: I use the cloud save but I couldn't find the save (there was no 9740 folder)  :(

Steps to Reproduce

Create a new world, any settings, any character, any or none dlc/mods

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.