Sea Hound will break out of its 'frozen' state when put to sleep. And then be permanently asleep once it unfreezes

Szczuku
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

I was toying around, looking at sleeping/frozen sprites of mobs I'd usually not waste croud-control items on and I've discovered something interesting.

And by that I mean a bug.

I froze 1 seahound and then I wanted to put the 2nd one to sleep (usinga panflute). The frozen one's ice particles disappeared and it performed the 'falling asleep' animation. It still had the blue-ish hue over itself. It was still frozen, didn't wake up when I attacked the 2nd one and after a while it unfroze, with the correct sound effect playing. It unfroze into a sort of permanent sleeping state. 

It happened in my Ham-Sw-RoG world

Edit: The same applies to Ballphins ,though these guys have a lot of other bugs, you ddevs should probably look into, such as how 4 houses managed to create a herd.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.b5160461262693061bd8f0cec1d3d505.png

Edit 2: Actually. The whole 'putting the frozen mob to sleep will end its 'frozen' state" thing seems to apply to... every mob in the game? So far I've found Crabbits, monkeyes, crocodogs, jellyfish, dogfish, ox.

It's just that certain mobs will unfreeze, sleep and then wake up normally, while others (like seahounds, ballphins, ox and crocodogs) will unfreeze and then sleep forever, untill you save and quit

Steps to Reproduce

1. Freeze sea hounds

2. Use a panflute right after

• Like 1

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.