[ROG] Food abnormally rotten after placed in chester and jump in or out caves.

Deltic
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants Pending

I use a mod for save/load, which acts same as Alt+F4 force shutdown and restart.

Here's what happened:

I brought some dried meat with green freshness and get into a cave at 6 days before winter, and put the meat in chester when crossing a bunnyman village. After jumped into the tier 2 cave, all dried meat and monster meat (loot) in chester bacame rotten food. So I use the mod to reload the game. Now I'm at the first day of autumn with food of correct freshness.

After explored the cave 2 I decided to leave , but after reached the tier 1 cave I found all the foods in chester rotten once again, except one monster meat in one slot which had full freshness before the jump but is also about to rot. I use the reload again. Those food turned to have right freshness and I returned to 6 days before winter now.

It seems the time in chester passed abnormally fast after the jump, but the right data of freshness is still remains in somewhere.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Put food in chester

2.Jump in/out the cave with the chester holding food 

3.Food rotten immediately, as if they have passed very long time.

4.Force shut down the game, then reload.

5.Food in chester now have right freshness.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I've encountered the same issue. Seems the caves update for past time upon entering, and while the items in your inventory are protected from this, the items in Chester's inventory are not. I figure this would mean the effect would be stronger the longer it's been since the last time you entered the caves, and would not be very noticeable with a strip of jerky the day after your last cave run.

Share this comment