(Re-Report) Widget layering (MoveToBack/Front) is bugged in DS, works fine in DST.

penguin0616
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC Fixed

This was on the old tracker (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/145358-widget-layering-movetobackfront-is-bugged-in-ds-works-fine-in-dst), and it doesn't look to be fixed in the new Bugfix Beta, so here I am.

While MoveToFront and MoveToBack correctly changes the render order of the widgets,

It doesn't change the widget entity that gets picked up by TheSim's GetEntitiesAtScreenPoint in DS, which is used for getting widget focus.

As a result, widgets that should have focus are unable to get it at all.

This works fine in DST, but doesn't in DS. I assume there was a bug in the engine that got fixed at some point in DST that never got fixed in DS.
This is base game DS with no mods beyond the one creating the widget in the videos.

In the videos, I showcase the issue by moving the "green box" widget using MoveToBack and MoveToFront.

First Video: Don't Starve Together (Working as Intended)

Second Video: Don't Starve (Bugged)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create a cool listbox widget

2. Widget doesn't work in DS but works in DST

3. Come up with way simpler UI that still doesn't work in DS but works in DST

4. Despair

• Thanks 1
  • Shopcat 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.