Out of Memory Error Message When Trying to Load Into Save

lotamole
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

I have a Hamlet world of around 600 days, linked with a shipwrecked world and merged with an old Don't Starve Vanilla world of >600 days. Everything was running fine until I tried entering the caves of the vanilla world, my game crashed and an error message popped up reading "Out of Memory" (see screenshot).

When I try to load into the save now, the world is renamed "Cave Depth 1 - 434" and every time I attempt to load it, it crashes with the original error message.

I had the following mods installed at the time of the crash: Minimap HUD, Combined Status, Geometric Placement, Display Food Values 2.0. I tried launching the save with the mods disabled and the save would not load, giving me the same error message. I have tried running the game with small textures and notebook mode enabled, and also have tried launching it with the memory spike fix mod, but nothing seems to work.

I have included the DXDiag and Log.txt files, as well as my compressed remote folder.

I could not locate an MDMP file in my bin folder.

Please let me know if you need anymore information from me.

Thank you.

Error Message.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

I have a Don't Starve Hamlet world merged with an old DS Vanilla world. I have went back and fourth between them, and a shipwrecked world I created with no problems, until, I attempted to enter the caves on the survival world. I don't remember trying to use the caves since I merged the worlds, but I entered them many times times before the merge on the original save file for the vanilla DS world.

I never loaded into the caves after attempting to enter, and instead my game crashed with an error message popping up saying "out of memory".

I was using the following mods at the time: Minimap HUD, Combined Status, Geometric Placement, Display Food Values 2.0.

User Feedback

Hi,

You could try going Options>Settings, navigate to the second page and set 'Dynamic Asset Loading' to 'Some' or 'All' and see if that resolves it.

• Like 1

Share this comment