Minionspawner has a mistake in OnLostMinion

HalfEnder776
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Fixed

In the OnLostMinion method of the minionspawner component there is an incorrect line of code that was fixed in dst:

self.inst:DoTaskInTime(3, self:AddPosition(minion.minionnumber))

Which does the exact same thing as calling this directly:

self:AddPosition(minion.minionnumber)

The correct code should be:

self.inst:DoTaskInTime(3, function() self:AddPosition(minion.minionnumber) end)

-------------------- WARNING --------------------

While this code is bugged fixing it breaks krakens tentacle spawning adding gaps between tentacles so PLEASE if you fix this 

ONLY FIX IT FOR LUREPLANTS

Steps to Reproduce

Simply replace the specified code and start a game

Spawn a lureplant and notice that the eyeplant respawn locations work properly like in dst

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

But I don't know why it need to delay. EDIT: I know now. That is a wrong code causing it not to delay. But I still want to know the difference between the instant and the delay.

Edited by KXWl1

Share this comment

15 hours ago, KXWl1 said:

But I don't know why it need to delay. EDIT: I know now. That is a wrong code causing it not to delay. But I still want to know the difference between the instant and the delay.

From what I remember it made the respawned minions more spaced out and natural looking with random gaps between them, I dont fully understand it either

Edited by HalfEnder776

Share this comment