Hamlet interiors intermittent pathfinding bug

Katmanjoe
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Hamlet Fixed

The player character has trouble pathfinding sometimes when attempting to change rooms while inside Hamlet interiors such as pig ruins, Mant hills, and the Slanty Shanty with multiple rooms. If you click enter door or hit space while near a doorway, sometimes (not always) the character will mess up the pathing and go in an inefficient way to go through the doorway, such as going upwards in order to go into a doorway that is below you. This is usually more obvious with speed boosting items such as the walking cane or coffee. It also seems to happen slightly more often if you are a little bit further from the doorway.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Enter interior with multiple rooms such as pig ruins or Mant hill.

2. Get close to a doorway to another room.

3. Hit space or click to go to another room. (Seems to happen more often with a little more distance to the doorway, as well as with speed boosts.)

4. (Intermittent) Character may go through the doorway smoothly or have pathfinding difficulty that makes them walk a bizarre path.

• Like 4

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Yeah I see this a lot when I'm not right next to the doorway and I either hit spacebar with a full inventory or click on the door. The character will go in this weird little J-shaped path instead of directly in.

Share this comment