Gas rainforest is only poisonous to Wilba and no other pigs

CameoAppearance
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Hamlet Pending

Why does Wilba need a gas mask when other pigs are immune to the gas? Shouldn't it be one or the other, with either Wilba being immune (or at least taking less damage) or NPC pigs being damaged by it?

In general it's kind of weird how many mobs are immune to the gas rainforest's poison when it's equally toxic to all player characters. If it affects primates differently from other mammals in order to explain why the human, partially human, and monkey characters die in it, it's weird that it doesn't poison spider monkeys. Or I guess Prime Apes if you bring some monkey dens over from Shipwrecked. Wormwood also makes sense since most plants get sick in there. WX-78 is a little odd, but it does fit with how digging up the turf melts your pitchfork; the gas is probably corrosive and I guess the Iron Hulk is made out of corrosion-resistant metal, although I don't know if that explains it for the clockwork monsters if they chase you into it from the Wooden Thing. But why is Wilba the only pig who gets hurt? Is it because of her lycanthropy? Is she coincidentally allergic to poison fungus???

Steps to Reproduce

1. Play Hamlet as Wilba.

2. Get some oincs and recruit some guard pigs as followers.

3. Walk into the gas rainforest until you die. Observe how your follower pigs are totally fine the entire time.

very_selective_poison.png

User Feedback