Game continues to crash as I attempt to enter the Ruins.

TheKingDedede
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

On one of my saves, when I attempt to enter the Ruins, the game attempts to generate the Ruins and then immediately closes. My save file currently says that it's on Cave Depth 2, and will not allow me to leave back to Cave Depth 1 and continues to attempt to generate the Ruins. The save is not soft-locked on the generation loading screen.
image.thumb.png.6111ef60dc43147c1de0438d9162043c.png

Hamlet and Shipwrecked connecitivity are enabled on the save, but I have not gone to either DLCs yet.

Steps to Reproduce

Attempt to head down to the Ruins. The game wil crash and from that point onwards, when you attempt to load and continue the save file, you'll briefly see the 'Generating Ruins' loading screen, which will then promptly close the game again after about three seconds.

User Feedback

I'm sorry to hear that.

Could you upload your world, please? I suppose that an excessive consumption of memory is causing the crash (passage of +200 days after the world's generation).

Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, DiogoW said:

I'm sorry to hear that.

Could you upload your world, please? I suppose that an excessive consumption of memory is causing the crash (passage of +200 days after the world's generation).

Thanks.

I'm sorry, but I can't. The save was lost due to some shenanigans. Strangely, after I continued to try and load it, after five more attempts, it finally generated the Ruins. It'll take some time, but I'll try and see if I can recreate the circumstances that lead to these events happening.

• Like 1

Share this comment