Coffee plants keep withering?!

Pomato
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Fixed

So this bug is about replanting "Shipwrecked" DLC's coffee plants.

After replanting them on magma and ash turfs, they wither, requiring ash to fertilise.

But after applying ash onto the plant, they wither again right after. 

After just one harvest, they return into withered state, causing unbelievably high ash consumption.

In my experience these bugs happen in Shipwrecked and Hamlet worlds. Haven't tested in Reign of Giants world but I guess it likely happens there too.

I believe the Coffee plant DS wiki page summarises the problems I experienced pretty well.

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Coffee_Plant

image.png.39151fedf4ee45fbf47932d7882fbffa.png

Thanks for looking into this issue!

Steps to Reproduce

Replant a coffee plant, and observe it wither even after fertilisation.

And sometimes their animation glitch too. They play their fertilised animation even when they remain withered.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

For all these years I assumed it was a feature. Been using Fire Packim + Twigs to supply ashes. If this is a bug then it's crazy tbh.

• Sad 1

Share this comment

On 2/7/2023 at 1:34 PM, Broskii said:

For all these years I assumed it was a feature. Been using Fire Packim + Twigs to supply ashes. If this is a bug then it's crazy tbh.

its been a bug for years, ever since coffee was introduced in sw.

• Sad 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment

- Withering after initial fertilization fixed.
- Refuse fertilizer even if it is still withered fixed.

Withering after each harvest outside the dry season is an expected behavior. The coffee plant wilts at low temperatures, the only thing that prevents it is the "protected cycle" mechanism that the fertilizer provides (1 cycle). After harvesting, it is no longer protected and will wither.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

Since it's design for them to wither after each harvest when outside of dry season. I would love if we could arrange some way for them to keep its heated state, like some kind of machinery such as ice flingomatic/sprinkler, but for coffee, or even a floor that keeps them that way. Maybe the scaled flooring could be a thing in solo don't starve with an additional use for coffee. Even if anything that comes is expensive, I would say it's worth the long term.

Share this comment