Adventure Mode narration calls Wilba "him"

CameoAppearance
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Fixed

I needed screenshots of Wilba on the throne for something else so I used console commands to zip through to Checkmate: Epilogue, and then I noticed that the narration used the wrong pronouns. I checked constants.lua afterwards and CHARACTER_GENDERS didn't have an entry for Wilba. However, character examine quotes do gender Wilba correctly when she's on the throne.

wilbagender1.png

wilbagender2.png

wilbagender3.png

Steps to Reproduce

Play Adventure Mode through to the end as Wilba. Look closely at the narration screen. Complete Adventure Mode as someone else and put the Divining Rod in the Nightmare Lock.

This was in a Hamlet-compatible RoG world (so was the other save where I looked at Wilba on the throne), since I needed Hamlet compatibility to play as Wilba but couldn't reach Maxwell's Door from Hamlet itself.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.