World Not Loading

Mononymous
  • Pending

I cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing my game to not be able to load or generate worlds. Sometimes it will be forever stuck on the loading screen with the world icon with music, sometimes it will be stuck on a static loading screen (stylized warped images of the charcaters) with no music and sometimes I'll get into the world and an error will pop up before I can even move. I have some mods installed, but went back and looked at all their pages on Steam to see if anyone else had issues. I found that all the mods I had installed were working for everyone else. I then tried creating a world with one mod and it generated fine, then I went and created a world with 10 mods and it came up with this error. I then tried different combinations of mods and in different quantities and still got the same error. None of my mods have anything to do with brains or birds so I can't pinpoint which mod might be causing the issue. I don't really know how to read code so I figured I'd post it here in the hopes someone can help me narrow down the issue from the error text.

[00:04:28]: [string "scripts/simutil.lua"]:35: bad argument #3 to 'FindEntities' (number expected, got nil)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
    =[C]:-1 in (method) FindEntities (C) <-1--1>
    scripts/simutil.lua:35 in (global) FindEntity (Lua) <31-42>
    scripts/brains/birdbrain.lua:11 in () ? (Lua) <5-12>
    =(tail call):-1 in ()  (tail) <-1--1>
    scripts/behaviourtree.lua:200 in (method) Visit (Lua) <199-205>
    scripts/behaviourtree.lua:298 in (method) Visit (Lua) <288-308>
    scripts/behaviourtree.lua:578 in (method) Visit (Lua) <554-610>
    scripts/behaviourtree.lua:22 in (method) Update (Lua) <20-27>
    scripts/brain.lua:212 in (method) OnUpdate (Lua) <205-214>
    scripts/brain.lua:135 in (method) Update (Lua) <105-147>
    scripts/update.lua:232 in () ? (Lua) <159-238>

Steps to Reproduce
Mods installed and right after creating a new world or going into a world I had previously created in both online and offline

User Feedback

I'm going to guess this is due to a mod. Please disable all mods, close DST, then run the Verify Integrity of Game Files via steam. Try to create a new world without any mods. If this fixes the problem then please enable the mods one by one to determine which mod is causing the issue and then contact the modder via steam. It could also be that some mods you are using are not compatible with each other.

If the crash persists, then please attach your client_log.txt to the bug report.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment