Workshop Mods not Displaying Properly

WhenHamstersFly
  • Closed

Ever since I used the mod cleanup tool in Don't Starve together, all my client mods have seem to have disappeared from existence. After repeating the process over and over again, I've realized that among the server mods are my client mods that I have installed, and mods that I have installed years ago but were never deleted. I have verified the integrity of my game cache, I have reinstalled twice, and I have unsubscribed to all of my mods. I have attempted to go directly to my mods folder but I am unable to delete the files even though I am an administrator. I attempted to take ownership of the files and have also tried to take the mods out of "read only", but was not able to. Subscribing, and unsubscribing, restarting and shutting down, deleting and reinstalling, I tried it all.

Mods Error.png

Read me.png

Security Permissions.png

Steps to Reproduce
Open Don't Starve Mod tab. Click on the broom (Clean All) button at the bottom of the mod list.

User Feedback

13 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Hi, please reboot your computer and try again. If that doesn't solve the issue then follow the instructions here: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2799221-my-mods-are-corrupted-workshop-xxxxxxx-and-i-can-t-remove-them

I have already done those steps however they have not worked. I tried again but no luck. I did some digging online and found out that some files in Windows 10 cannot be removed due to some sort of error despite having an administrator account.

I resolved this by restarting my computer into safe mode and deleting the workshop files. Thank you for your help though :)  everything is working just fine now!

Untitled.png

Share this comment