Wickerbottom's special animation doesn't play with Lofty Wrist Ruffs skin

Lokena
  • Fixed

I first noticed this on the collection screen, where you can see all the characters together. If you hover the cursor over them, they will perform one of a number of animations, including several options for waving, clothing fitting animations, as well as their special animations. But I noticed that no matter how many times I brushed the cursor over Wickerbottom, she never did her "Shhh!" animation. I thought maybe it had something to do with the new skin (I remember there was a similar problem with the goat skin?) so I tried to check it out. I found that she avoids her special animation when wearing new lofty wrist ruffs gloves, and I tested this both on the collections screen and directly in the game. Without them, everything plays out as it should. I know it's rather a small detail, but I thought I'd let you know. (Also, a side note, if you wear the Moonbound head skin, but not gloves, the animation will be played, but the hand next to the mouth will be white, although the overall skin color of this look is greenish.)

3.png.5fefe65203d900e6243723df3cb5a238.png

Steps to Reproduce

Put on Lofty Wrist Ruffs. Try to trigger Wickerbottom's special animation on the collections screen or wait for it in the game. (Give up after about 50 tries.)

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I am unable to reproduce the animation issue on my side the shush animation plays but I have adjusted the colours for the hand.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 3

Share this comment

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

I am unable to reproduce the animation issue on my side

Well, from my side, the problem is quite prominent and persistent. I recorded a video to confirm that this is happening (sorry about the label in the center and the quality, I used a free program and it's like, my first video ever). And I don't understand how this could be a local bug. Maybe I can send something that can help? Unfortunately, I don't understand the code or logs, but if you can direct me to the right place, I can send some information?

Edited by Lokena
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Lokena said:

Well, from my side, the problem is quite prominent and persistent. I recorded a video to confirm that this is happening (sorry about the label in the center and the quality, I used a free program and it's like, my first video ever). And I don't understand how this could be a local bug. Maybe I can send something that can help? Unfortunately, I don't understand the code or logs, but if you can direct me to the right place, I can send some information?

I checked the logs and I have this fixed on the beta branch already this is why I was not able to reproduce it. This will be coming in the next update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Happy Hazard 1

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

I checked the logs and I have this fixed on the beta branch already this is why I was not able to reproduce it. This will be coming in the next update.

Oh, okay! I'm sorry I didn't see it. I'm following the changes notes in the beta branch, but I don't remember mention of it there. That's why I thought it was something not reported. But if this and the color are fixed, then everything is fine. Thanks!

Edited by Lokena
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment