Up and Down Movements Do Not Work

WinterWondering
  • Known Issue

Hi! I was playing with my sibling, but their up and down controls weren't working. They would press them but their character (Willow) wouldn't move. We tried rebinding it and it still didn't work. Tried with lag compensation on and off as well. Tried closing and reopening DST. All keys work perfectly fine elsewhere. Movement worked perfectly fine for me and my father (WX-78 and Wendy respectively).

Thank you so much!

Steps to Reproduce

Not 100% sure if it's random or tied to the character you're playing, but here's what happened for me and my family:

-Join server (caves on, mods on, don't think either of those are breaking it, though)

-Pick Willow (no skills or insight on the skill tree)

• Like 3

User Feedback

I too have just developed this problem, tho solo. Whole new world generated, disabled all my mods, selected Wigfrid, started the game, Wigfrid can only move left and right with keyboard.. Mouse click still works to move them around in all directions. Going into settings the WASD keys are defined, and if I click Down to reassign it and hit S for example, the keyboard input is accepted and the key assigned, so the keys are working and the game can tell I'm pressing them. Bummer lol

Also while we can walk left and right, if we hold up or down at any point, we can't walk left and right anymore until the up or down key is released, if that helps any.

Main menu > Options > Controls > Reset Binds then Apply. I wonder what changed for us to need to do this XD

• Like 2

Share this comment

There is a button that says "Reset Binds" on the bottom of the controls section. Click that, and all will work again. If you have changed any keybinds, you will need to reset them, but the bug will go away.

• Like 2

Share this comment

We are looking into this issue. Could you please try resetting your key binds in the settings' controls tab? This should fix your issue. If not, please let us know.

We apology for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Changed Status to Known Issue

• Like 2

Share this comment

I've been having the same issue in recent; resetting all my keybinds, unfortunately, did not work. Hoping to see a fix soon!

• Like 1

Share this comment

@BobTheLibrarian

I believe the fix is to:

-Change to something other than WASD

-Reset back to WASD

That might've been what you did, I don't know, just wanted to clarify. I also might be misunderstanding the fix. Hope it works for you soon!

Edited by WinterWondering

Share this comment

On 3/30/2024 at 7:55 AM, WinterWondering said:

@BobTheLibrarian

I believe the fix is to:

-Change to something other than WASD

-Reset back to WASD

That might've been what you did, I don't know, just wanted to clarify. I also might be misunderstanding the fix. Hope it works for you soon!

At first, I was confused, manually resetting the keybinds. However, upon pressing the "Reset Binds" in the Controls setting, everything works out great! Thanks for helping me out.

Edited by BobTheLibrarian
I was confused initially regarding the W and S key bug, but I figured a solution out.
  • Like 1

Share this comment

17 hours ago, BobTheLibrarian said:

At first, I was confused, manually resetting the keybinds. However, upon pressing the "Reset Binds" in the Controls setting, everything works out great! Thanks for helping me out.

Glad it worked! No problem! :)

Share this comment