Hey, I've been browsing a game code, trying to make a mod and I believe I found a bug that causes the moles to glitch out.
I tried to revert moles to how they were in RoG, which is: make them come out of dug molehill instead of simply dissapearing. I checked the molehill.lua and sure enough in a local function dig_up(inst), it checks if the molehill has children and tries to realease them, but for some reason it fails to do so.
Eventually I figured that because we are calling inst.components.spawner:SetQueueSpawning in local function stopspawning(inst) we are setting tags on self.queue_spawn and self.retryperiod. This however causes the function Spawner:ReleaseChild() to call itself again after self.retryperiod before releasing the mole, however at that point the molehill has already been dug up and thus it can't realease the mole.
I'm calling this a bug since the local function dig_up(inst) tries to Release the mole but fails as an indirect consequence of setting those tags.
Easy fix I found to this is to change line 35 in molehill.lua ( in a local function stopspawning(inst) ) to inst.components.spawner:CancelSpawning(), which causes the tags to never be set and moles to release properly (and is also how it orignally was in RoG). Since the molehole only contains 1 child there shouldnt be a problem with having no queue, but that is up to you to decide. However if this is not a bug and it's how it was intended to be, then sorry for bothering you
Steps to Reproduce
Dig up the molehole during the day and no moles will spawn
This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.