Unable to open the console

ObsidianKing
  • Closed

I don't seem to be able to open the console in DST. I've pressed ` and ~ and shift-clicked them and all manner of stuff, but it won't open. I checked in the .ini that it was enabled and I'm the admin on the server, so I'm not sure what the problem might be. Any advice?

Steps to Reproduce
Pressing the supposed necessary buttons

User Feedback

Just to make sure, option console_enabled in the section MISC of Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client.ini is set to true, correct?

Does this happen only after the starting/joining the world or does the console not open in the menu as well?

Do you have any client mods enabled?

Could you try if changing the key for it (Debug Console in the Options/Controls menu) has any effect?

Edited by Muche

Share this comment

what language on your keyboard do you use? I know that not every keyboard's console button is "~". I am not sure what are other alternatives though.

Then to open the console while in game by pressing "~" by default on English keyboards. This can be changed at any time in the controls menu. Also you can hide the console menu again by pressing Ctrl + L.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Console/Commands

Edited by Gingerbread

Share this comment

12 hours ago, Muche said:

Just to make sure, option console_enabled in the section MISC of Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client.ini is set to true, correct?

Does this happen only after the starting/joining the world or does the console not open in the menu as well?

Do you have any client mods enabled?

Could you try if changing the key for it (Debug Console in the Options/Controls menu) has any effect?

Changing the key fixed it, I really should have thought of that. Thanks.

Share this comment