Turning into Wonkey counts as death/despawning

Pig Princess
  • Closed

It's more of an oversight then bug, but due to the way game handles character change sometimes there is huge difference between game logic and game execution. Or rather, in case some characters.

For example, when Wendy changes to Wonkey and back, Abigail's flower resets to lvl 1. Lore-wise Wendy neither died, nor link with Abigail was severed, as her turning to Wonkey quote implies: "Don't laugh at me, Abigail, that's not funny!" - which shows that Abigail is still there, but probably refuses to help Wendy because she can't stop laughing. Not being able to call Abigail for help while Wendy is in monkey form mechanically correlates with lore (and separating character from their perks while in monkey form is interesting mechanic itself), but flower reset to lvl 1 after Wendy becomes human again is out of nowhere, it breaks immersion and is not adding anything interesting mechanically. Same for other characters that have similar penalty on and post character switch, I can only imagine what happens with Webber and his crew of spitters on a tiny boat and WX-78 and upgrades.

So I can only hope characters would be revisited in that regard, like information about level of Wendy's flower and elixir effects be stored somehow.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Be Wendy with leveled up Abigail.

2. Accumulate 10+ cursed trinkets, turn into Wonkey, be unable to use Abigail's flower (as expected).

3. Give bananas to the monkey queen and return to human form, notice that Abigail's flower is lvl 1.

4. Be confused because game never implied that Wendy died of link between sisters was harmed, or Abigail was damaged somehow.

User Feedback