Summer Insulation seems to be broken.

FurryEskimo
  • Pending

Characters like Wes and Woodie have a below average resistance to the summer heat, but I just checked this and they're overheating at the same rate as every other character.

I noticed this when TheBeard777 reviewed my mod and said my character's weakness to the heat wasn't working.

I spawned four characters (Wes, Woodie, Whickerbottom, and my character) to see how they faired in the heat, but they were all affected at the same rate.  Any idea why this is happening?

Steps to Reproduce

Simply spawn the characters via c_spawn("") and watch how quickly they react to the heat, or else play as each one and record how long it takes to overheat.

User Feedback

@FurryEskimo

I never liked how Klei referred to these downsides as "More susceptible to heat/freezing". Because that's not really what's happening.

It should be more like "Insulation is less effective" or the such. Because that's what those downsides do. They subtract from the summer/winter insulation of the player.

However, insulation can not go below zero, so it only ends up affecting you when you're wearing insulative clothing.

• Like 3

Share this comment

@Hornete
I’ve been retesting it and I see what you mean..  Huh, weird!  So a negative value just means you’ll need more protection to have the same affect as someone else, got it!

I guess this is solved then, but the wiki could be more clear.

• Like 1

Share this comment