Strange disconection

simplyadinosaur
  • Pending

So i am playing dst with my friends and occasionally random people, I star tthe game and will randomly dc, when the people in my house also in the same server or even not at times will still have full connection, is there a reason for this, and how can it be fixed? btw i am using a W7 pc so that may be the root problem.

Steps to Reproduce
just trying to play the game.

User Feedback

Hello @simplyadinosaur, welcome to the forums. Concerning disconnection issues, there are a lot of different variables that could be causing it so the best way to help diagnose or isolate the cause of the issue is the following process:

• When DST crashes, DO NOT INSTANTLY reopen DST.
  • First, go to this location on your PC (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether).
  • Make a copy of the client_log.txt file found there and paste it in a different location (mark as something like client_log.txt 1).
  • Open DST again.
  • Try reconnect to match through Browse Games and enabling Previously Joined, if you are not able to join due to error prompts by DST. Go back to the same documents folder and make another copy of client_log.txt and mark it as client_log.txt 2.
  • Try reconnect to match through Steam's Join Game feature when you right click a friend's name.
  • Once in match again, just play to finish.
  • Keep making copies of log files if you crash again and marking them accordingly.
  • After match ends, do please attach all the client_log.txt you've made to this bug report "Strange Disconnection" and explain what happened when you made each copy (i.e. client_log.txt 1 - right after crashing).

I know it seems like a whole lot but basically, making copies of your log files will help the devs determine what's going wrong behind the scene when the game crashes or randomly disconnects you. Cheers.

Share this comment

Hi there, I know I'm not OP, but I have been having this problem as well. I think this is the same problem also in these bug reports:

The last user I think I've also seen in a Steam thread about the same issue, so it doesn't seem to be a unique problem. I've attached a whole bunch of my play logs as requested above. I didn't use the join game feature from any of my friends and I didn't label any of the files, partly because i was anxious to get back into the game ASAP and not let my friends down (bugging out in the middle of a boss fight requiring two people is really not ideal) and partly because the game just disconnects in the middle of a game for no apparent reason, so there was no point in my view of labelling them each individually.

Each time I get unexpectedly booted from a server, I need to disconnect and then reconnect my internet (just from the task bar wifi icon). I have a good connection and high speed internet and I am the only person connecting to my router, so there is no interference from a bad connection. I ran full in depth antivirus and malware scans, including boot scans with my antivirus on the very strictest settings, so I also don't think it is a virus problem.

So I attach a bunch of my log files. I did this for most but not all the times I was disconnected in the past few days. Sometimes I forgot before I started the game back up.

Please let me know if there is anything else you might need to help with this bug. I am in love with this game, it is probably close if not already my favourite having knocked off my last favourite of over 10 years. I really would like to see this bug fixed it makes the game almost unplayable with friends at the frequency it sometimes happens.

Thanks!

client_log (2).txt

client_log (3).txt

client_log (4).txt

client_log (5).txt

client_log (6).txt

client_log (7).txt

client_log (8).txt

client_log (9).txt

client_log (10).txt

client_log (11).txt

client_log (12).txt

client_log (13).txt

client_log (14).txt

client_log (15).txt

client_log (16).txt

client_log (17).txt

client_log (18).txt

client_log.txt

Share this comment

Oh @xavea, welcome to the forums and thank you for the many log files. Hopefully there is a noticeable pattern in the disconnection issues between all the logs. If I find anything worthwhile, I'll post in this thread again.

Thanks again.

Share this comment