Steam Controller not working

Zinc001
  • Pending

I am trying to get my steam controller to work with Don't Starve Together. I just cannot get it functioning with this game. I'm currently using the latest Beta197291. I have noticed that I can control the mouse while steam is loading (splash screen), but once the menu is available, the game will not respond to the controller at all. This means there is something wrong with IO initialization. I haven't seen anything that seemed relevant in the logs. I have tried using the default layout and others.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Setup steam controller. 2. Validate steam controller functionality on desktop. 3. Launch DST. 4. Notice steam controller mouse manipulation works on splash screen. 5. Notice steam controller not affecting DST at all once menu loads.

User Feedback

The Steam Controller is mapped as an Xbox controller and will be displayed so in-game. To activate it, you need to change the input device (in Options, Settings). As a workaround, use chording to navigate to the options menu (hold the Steam button and use the right pad to move the cursor, right trigger for left click). It gets messy if you have other controllers attached.

Share this comment

I have a similar bug. When I started DST it said "Do you want to enable controller? This can be turned on/off in settings-controls" But it isn't in the settings. Where do I ACTUALLY find the way to turn on and off controller support?

Share this comment