Sound not working

BrokenBidule
  • Closed

Hi,

My sound isnt working (music, ambient and sound FX) - It's working for everything else except this game.

Ive been attempting to fix everything for 3 hours. Ive followed the steps for "No sound when playing Klei games", I've got admin permissions, I've updated all the drivers that were out of date on my computer, made sure the output was right, followed all troubleshooting steps.

I've uninstalled the game a few times, restarted the PC as well...

I'm really out of options at this point and would love a bit of help.

Here's my DxDiag in case it can help.

Many Thanks!!

DxDiagSept262020.txt

Steps to Reproduce

Open game...

User Feedback

Checking your DxDiag, it looks like a your audio output device (Realtek High Definition Audio) is till reporting drivers from 2015. Please ensure that you have the latest drivers/codecs for your audio output device.

Next, check to ensure that your Windows operating system has been updated to the latest version: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4027667/windows-10-update 

Also, do you have any after-market audio software installed such as ASUS Sonic Studio (SS3Svc32 / SS3Scv64), Nahimic 3D Sound, Nahimic 2, try temporarily disabling the software - and if it continues - try turning off the software before launching the game to see if that helps.

If you have tried all the steps above, and the issue persists, one last thing you can try is to set your computer's speaker mode (in Windows) to stereo, in case yours is currently set to surround sound.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thank you JanH,

I have looked into the drivers and updated them. Here's the newest DxDiag. I also have the latest version of Windows.

I do not have any additional audio software. My computer is not set on surround sound.

The sound in DST is still not working... That said, it works everywhere else. Including the basic Don't Starve.

DxDiagSept292020.txt

Share this comment

Hmm... Problem resolved... To my greatest of shame. :wilsondisapproving:

Played with a friend tonight, even if I had no sound. Told him I've been trying to fix it for nearly a week now and everything we've tried.

He asked "Are you sure it's not just muted on the Volume Mixer?"

Of course I'm sure I'm not muted on the Volume Mixer...

It was muted on the Volume Mixer.

I want to crawl under a rock and die.

Thank you for your help...

Edited by BrokenBidule
  • Sad Dupe 2

Share this comment