Some Worldsettings are not working properly (detailed bugreport)

Serpens
  • Pending

For example setting "Sanity Creatures" == "shadowcreatures" in worldsettings to "More" == "often" will result in default values instead, because worldsettings_overrides.lua is using wrong table keys, it uses "many" instead of "often" ("often" is defined in customize.lua).

The same is true for "brightmarecreatures". But you should check if even more is affected.
I'm currently adjusting a mod that is dealing with those settings. And you would do yourself and me a favor, if you would have a single location where you define these keywords, that are callable by your functions and by mods, and use this to automatically use the correct keywords.
This way it won't happen again that you use wrong keywords and I would not need to hardcode the keywords either.

Steps to Reproduce

Start a game with worldsetting "Sanity Creatures" on "More" and print ingame with console TUNING.SANITYMONSTERS_INDUCED_MAXPOP. You will see that this prints 5 (the default value) instead of 7 (the "many" value).
See customize.lua to see that shadowcreatures is using "frequency_descriptions", which do not contain a "many" key, while in worldsettings_overrides.lua shadowcreatures don't have "often", but only "many" in the tuning_vars table.

User Feedback

yay, you manged it to fix this issue for shadowcreatures, but overlooked it for brightmarecreatures. Maybe you should read bugreports like this?

Share this comment