Some game elements are pixelated/blurry

cheesus crust
  • Pending

When I open either Don't Starve or Don't Starve Together, the start menu, as well as several buttons and backdrops are extremely blurry. I have tried both disabling netbook mode and small textures, as well as setting my AMD driver settings to quality over performance. Nothing has worked. I've attached screenshots, it's playable but an insufferable eyesore. Please help, this bug is making the game impossible to enjoy.dst3.thumb.png.8e11864ded9080d7e0026432e57e177b.png

dst.png

dst2.png

Steps to Reproduce
Launching the game

User Feedback

Hello @cheesus crust, welcome to the forums. Can you double check whether or not the setting actually gets applied after you disabled notebook mode and disabled small textures? There's a possibility that the game doesn't save these new applied settings. So after disabling them and then applying, once you go back to the main menu check the options again and see if your changes are still there. If the changes reverts to its original state, then quit DST and then try and setting the game executable to be run as administrator.

Last thing I can think of at the moment, is for you to double check for any GPU driver updates and such. So far you've hit every method suggested by the devs found in this Klei Article: Text/Graphics are Blurry so if I can think of more possible workarounds, I'll let you know.

Edited by Zillvr

Share this comment

I'm having the same issues described here (both in Don't Starve Together and Don't Starve). The game itself is clear except for the HUD elements and menus which are very pixelated (to the point where I can't tell what items I'm holding). I tried all of the AMD settings changes that are suggested in previous answers and nothing works.

On my end, I double checked the settings changes within Don't Starve and the game is saving the change in settings. All drivers likewise up to date. Any ideas would be great.

Edited by taxidermist
Added which games affected.

Share this comment