Significant Server Lag with Caves

MintyJelly
  • Pending

Persistent server lag on solo play. Constant rubberbanding with lag compensation off and entities jittering and enemies landing attacks from impossible distances with lag compensation on. This is fixed when caves are disabled. No mods installed. I have tried running this game with WiFi, antivirus, and firewall disabled to no effect. I also have run this game as an administrator, verified the integrity of the game and reinstalled the game. All drivers are up to date and Nvidia power options set to optimal performance. I have 100 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up average internet speed and this is through a Lan connection. According to task manager, network use is at 0%.  My pc should be able to handle caves with these specs:

i7 7700 @ 4.8 GHz
Gtx 1080ti
32gb of ram
Samsung 850 SSD

With Caves:

With Caves.jpg

Without caves:

Without Caves.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Standard world generation with Caves enabled. Local host with server limit of one player. Lag is immediate after joining world.

User Feedback

@MintyJelly Hi. The issue of hits not landing on mobs with Lag Compensation enabled is a known issue being worked on.

I see you are using Nvidia drivers. Try these settings in the Nvidia control panel for the don't starve executable:

• Power Management: Prefer maximum performance
  • Threaded Optimization: On
  • Triple Buffering: Off
  • Vertical Sync: Off

If you are using a laptop, make sure its plugged in and the battery setting is set to Best Perfomance.

• Like 1

Share this comment