Sharks are missing burning animation both on boat and in water

Pig Princess
  • Fixed

I tried to draw shark's aggro with fiery pen yesterday, and noticed that it didn't ignite shark; however, once it jumped on boat everything started to smolder even though shark visually didn't burn (good thing I had both pyrokinetic explained and fiery pen on me). I'm confused whether it's intented for shark in the water to catch fire in the first place (unlike grass gators for example, sharks are almost entirely under water when they swim, so them catching fire makes no sence to me), but in case it is intended, they should burn properly (they also don't panic while on fire properly as opposed to igniting with fire staff).

Steps to Reproduce

1. Spawn shark and attack it with fiery pen.

2. Notice that visually nothing changed, shark seems to panic a bit (hardly noticeble, as opposed to fire staff situation).

3. Shortly after shark jumps on boat, looking and behaving normally, except everything on boat starts smoldering as if there was burning entity on it.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 with fire staff and notice that shark panics much longer (even though still no fire is seen), actually enough time for fire to be extinguished before shark jumps on boat. Boat doesn't start smoldering.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.