Server disappeared after a power blackout

killed_by_bugs
  • Pending

My system is Windows 10.

I play Don't starve together on Steam, but I can't find any .mdmp file in the path "Steam > SteamApps > Common > Don't Starve Together Beta > bin".

I was playing Don't starve together on my laptop.(alone) Then, I accidentally unplugged the power plug of my laptop. It shut down immediately. As a result, my server disappeared when I run Don't starve together again. I can't find my server anymore. However, the cluster folders and the client_save folder still exist. Is it any possible way to regain my server? 

Thank you guys.

Steps to Reproduce

DxDiag.txtclient_log.txt

User Feedback

When someone reported the issue previously, they found out that attempting to create a new server would load their save instead. Try to make a new world, and maybe the old one will reload? Just make a copy of your save files if something goes wrong. As long as you have those, there's a way to recover your worlds. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 12/19/2021 at 6:47 PM, BezKa said:

When someone reported the issue previously, they found out that attempting to create a new server would load their save instead. Try to make a new world, and maybe the old one will reload? Just make a copy of your save files if something goes wrong. As long as you have those, there's a way to recover your worlds. 

Thank you very much for your help. It does solve my problem. Attempting to create a new server would actually load my save instead. All of my three worlds are recovered.

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, killed_by_bugs said:

Thank you very much for your help. It does solve my problem. Attempting to create a new server would actually load my save instead. All of my three worlds are recovered.

I'm glad it worked out!

Share this comment