Rifts don't disappear after setting them from "Always" to "Default" in the Settings

bloopah
  • Pending

I only wanted one Rift in my world, so when the Rift showed itself on the map I went into the World Settings and set "Wild Rifts Enabled" to "Default", meaning they should no longer spawn until I kill the Celestial Champion. Seems like one still appeared. I tried to delete the second Rift with Console commands, yet a third appeared.

20230511231532_1.thumb.jpg.01327bd04bcf3bddc3d0327d48046942.jpg

20230512170818_1.thumb.jpg.bc13f3884a0cb95a36c818981b545903.jpg

The 6 mods listed do not affect anything related to Rifts, in case you're wondering.

20230512170930_1.thumb.jpg.eea23f382aa4be015b192f0d45e3b5af.jpg

20230513194132_1.thumb.jpg.28cc587bc2ec9ae68364a42fbdcfa2df.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
  1. Upon world creation (or perhaps at any time), set the "Wild Rifts Enabled" option in World Settings to "Always"
  2. Have the first Rift spawn
  3. Set the "Wild Rifts Enabled" to "Default"
  4. Wait until the Rift disappears

A second Rift should spawn, despite Celestial Champion not being defeated and not having given Wagstaff an Enlightened Crown Shard.

User Feedback

26 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

@bloopahYou have to set it to None, not default.

But None would be to completely remove Rifts, even after killing Celestial Champion.

Share this comment

What do you mean you only want one Rift? Isn't there only one at a time?

If you mean you only want a Rift to spawn only once then turn set rifts to none after you've collected what you need.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, _zwb said:

If you mean you only want a Rift to spawn only once then turn set rifts to none after you've collected what you need.

Again, this turns Rifts entirely off, and I'm planning to do Celestial Champion.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, bloopah said:

Again, this turns Rifts entirely off, and I'm planning to do Celestial Champion.

So want you mean is you want a Rift to spawn whenever CC is defeated and they only spawn once?

Share this comment

15 minutes ago, _zwb said:

So want you mean is you want a Rift to spawn whenever CC is defeated and they only spawn once?

I only wanted to spawn one when generating the world and more after killing CC.

Share this comment