Remove Command doesn't fully remove object

MathiusXII
  • Pending

I use the command TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()  AND  c_select() c_sel():Remove()

They both cause the object to disappear but it still has a collision. And when I leave the area and come back, the object reappears. PLZ fix it is very annoying! Thanks!

Steps to Reproduce
Type c_select() c_sel():Remove() or the other remove command, Object disappears, walk a distance away, walk back, object is back.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

Are you using the command in remote console mode? If not you can switch by pressing CTRL.

Edited by Weird Wanderer
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Hey thanks a ton Wanderer! I never knew about this remote mode before.

Here's my analysis:

TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove()  Without remote does nothing, With remote it reappears.

c_select() c_sel():Remove() Without remote it reappears, With remote works perfectly.

So use c_select() c_sel():Remove() and make sure you're in remote mode and it'll work I guess.

Edited by MathiusXII
  • Like 1

Share this comment

Okay. Disregard that. As soon as I come back into my game after commenting that, c_select() c_sel():Remove() does nothing with or without remote, and TheInput:GetWorldEntityUnderMouse():Remove() works perfectly with remote on.

I don't even know anymore.

I guess if one doesn't work, just try both commands and make sure you're in remote mode.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Sometimes it only works if remote is off. I give up. It is completely random what works and when. Please fix these inconsistencies klei, or at least explain why it's doing what it's doing

• Like 1

Share this comment