[RE-REPORT] Spiced Favorite Food doesn't count as favorite food

Tiberian39
  • Fixed

As Wanda you will get damage from spiced taffy, but sometimes not. As Webber you will get 25 hunger from spiced ice cream, not 40.

Steps to Reproduce

Take any character and eat spiced favorite food.

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

well it makes sense because it doesnt match the exact flavor profile of their favorite food but yea this is probably just an oversight as spiced foods arent the same prefab as the actual food

Share this comment

On 4/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, oregu said:

well it makes sense because it doesnt match the exact flavor profile of their favorite food but yea this is probably just an oversight as spiced foods arent the same prefab as the actual food

You were saying?

Share this comment

On 6/9/2022 at 6:37 PM, lakhnish said:

You were saying?

It would not make sense for this if it is thought about for too long but games rarely make sense if comparing to our reality. For game play it makes even lower sense to punish a player for what is a buff to the target food item when the player would get both benefits by using two different food items right after each other. It makes the decision to spice or not a trick question to new players if it were to be left like this. Making it always a buff removes the trick and provides for a smoother experience to all players new or experienced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

11 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Snip

It was more so my response to people who say, "it's not a bug" or "it's always been that way" or "it's been like that for so long, it's intentional" only for the bug to get fixed.

It gets upsetting on my end when people say that since I know the devs get busy making content for the game, bugs get complicated and we players that want certain bugs fixed have to re-report bugs and wait maybe months to see it fixed (nothing against the current system, we know how to deal with it and we understand it ain't easy).

I was was just being petty (though tbf to this individual, I saw "it makes sense" and then ignored the rest cause I got that upset at it.)

Edited by lakhnish

Share this comment

On 6/14/2022 at 6:22 AM, lakhnish said:

Words

Me being late to respond is an understatement. You're fine, I understand the frustration.  However, this matter is more subjective rather than it being a bug.

I didn't say anything close to that it was a bug that deserved to be kept in the game; I didn't even think it was a bug in the first place. I see how it can be read that way, though. It has a lot of that "defending keeping the way things they are for the sake of defending" or "playing devil's advocate" energy. I just wanted to point out that it was a small logical inconsistency that has some plausible nuance (one's favorite food is subjective, after all). But yeah, sorry I said a lot of stupid stuff on this forum and my phrasing is not the best at times. I'm just trying to fix all the things I said on this account today before I forget.

Edited by oregu

Share this comment