projectiles travel in straight trajectory when server lags or being sped up

thewalkingcamel
  • Fixed

as the title mentioned, a few notable projectiles (e.g. snowballs from Ice Flingomatic and rock shots from Winona's Catapult) travel in a straight trajectory unaffected by gravity (instead of their normal parabolic trajectory) when the server's lagging or when the server's being sped up using console commands. such projectiles would fly theoretically indefinitely in straight line until it goes too far to be continued loaded by players or when the lag/speeding up state ends and the bugged projectile crashed onto a certain object. this may cause problems or even be destructive in situations like when Ice Flingomatic unable to put out fires or Catapult destroying walls in unwanted situations, and things become significantly riskier especially when the game runs on low FPS conditions.

P.S.: see my images to get things better. I was destroying tons of stone fruit items, which is a lag-causing action, and when all stone fruits're destroyed and the game tried to recover from the lag I noticed all snowballs (highlighted) from my Ice Flingomatic drifted out of the Flingomatic protection range failing to protect any of my plants and the snowballs travelled even farther later in a straight line manner as I've described above.

1.png

2.png

Steps to Reproduce

Step 1. Create an active Ice Flingomatic/Winona's Catapult

Step 2. Induce lags via normally FPS-lowering actions (e.g. burning a large number of flammables, introducing a large number of moving mobs, opening up processes in computer background) or speed up the server using console commands

Step 3. Try to notice how the projectiles from said structures travel

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I have also noticed that this tends to happen with Toadstool's Boomshrooms as well. Makes the fight a lot easier.

• Like 1

Share this comment