Outdated mods issue

Butterfluos
  • Pending

After Scrappy Scavengers update, If mods are updated, the update is not applied to some players.

Even though I reboot the servers or refresh server files, it does not solve the problem.

When players try to connect to my servers, some clients do not update the mods that are updated recently automatically.

outdatedMod.png.71462124e6786dc8169901cd88394091.png

KnownModIndex:UpdateSingleModInfo("workshop-3139080374")
local modinfo = KnownModIndex:GetModInfo("workshop-3139080374")
print(modinfo, modinfo and modinfo.version)

table: 000000005EBEBB80 1.9.8

When players who would like to join my servers typed the above codes in console, the correct version was 2.0 at the time, but they couldn't join because the game didn't update their mod automatically.

The problem continues for over 2 weeks for me, and even though I make other servers, it still happens. So I really hope this bug can be fixed soon.

And I also want to know how to solve this issue.

[03:19:46]: CURL ERROR: (login.kleientertainment.com) [28]Operation too slow. Less than 5 bytes/sec transferred the last 60 seconds
[03:19:46]: [ValidateGameSessionTokenResponse] Network Failure (0)
[03:19:46]: CloseConnectionWithReason: ID_DST_GAME_SESSION_AUTH_FAILED
[03:31:05]: CURL ERROR: (login.kleientertainment.com) [28]Operation too slow. Less than 5 bytes/sec transferred the last 60 seconds
[03:31:05]: [0] Account Failed (6): ""
[03:31:05]: [Warning] Empty error code received, dumping response:

Can it be solved only when I check the servers everyday and reboot them? Or is it a matter of the website that I use to host the servers? D:

Steps to Reproduce

1. Update server mods on steam.

2. Open a server with the mods. (I think it also happens when other players open their own servers with the mods.)

3. Some players can't join because clients does not update the mods automatically.

These two mods occur the outdated mod pop-up even though they upload their mods again after Scrappy Scavengers update.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2961923603

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3139080374

User Feedback

We are having the same problem with mods as of yesterday.

I hosted a game as usual with 7 server mods (no new mods) and then my wife tried to join and was given an error message saying that mods were missing because the server has older versions.

On my side the mods showed as being up to date. We both tried the clean mods button, and we both unsubscribed from all of the mods, and subscribed to them all again. We also deleted the mods and cached_mods directories.

For me this caused a new problem, 3 of the 7 mods are no longer downloading and installing. The game UI sometimes will say it's downloading them and shows the names but then after some time they all just disappear again.

So I try creating a server with the 4 mods enabled, and my wife still gets the same missing mods, server has older versions error. I deleted the mods directory on my wife's computer again and copied the exact same directory from my computer, and again still the same error.

She is able to connect to my game if all mods are turned off.

Mods in question:
Global Positions
Epic Healthbar
Beefalo Widget
[DST] Show Bundle

and then the 3 that are no longer downloading at all for me:
Work in Dark
No Thermal Stone Durability
Triple MacTusk

Honestly we would be content without most of these mods, but "Global Positions" is a bit of a deal breaker...

Any thoughts? 

Share this comment