Not Launching

DeathSavior
  • Closed

Recently reinstalled the game on my PC. When I launch it, I get a black window that looks like a CMD window and then it locks up for like a minute, then it vanishes. Steam shows the game is not running afterwards. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have verified the integrity of the files 2 times, I have check for video card and windows updates and everything is up to date. I have tried running the game as administrator. Game is not being blocked by my firewall or antivirus. I just don't know what else to do.

client_chat_log.txt

Steps to Reproduce

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have verified the integrity of the files 2 times, I have check for video card and windows updates and everything is up to date. I have tried running the game as administrator. Game is not being blocked by my firewall or antivirus.

User Feedback

Sorry to hear about this. Checking your client_log. I can see that you are trying to run the game with an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT GPU, please follow the troubleshooting steps below: 

• Go into your AMD Radeon settings, and disable all of AMD graphics optimization features for Don't Starve Together to see if that makes a difference when your GPU tries to launch or render the game. It may be that some of the built-in Radeon graphics optimization features on the AMD graphics settings are conflicting with the game's initialization process. More info on Radeon Settings screen/options: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-012  
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment