no sound with DST

jmdroots
  • Pending

My sound works fine on my computer (youtube video as example) I can't get the sound to work on Don't Starve Together.  When I go to settings and increase the sound there then press apply the settings don't update.  If I change another setting there it does update.  I've tried uninstalling, and rebooting and reinstalling but I still have the same issue.  I also uninstalled Steam and reinstalled it. To no avail.

I have an imac mini that is up to date.  I can either have sound through the mini imac or through the monitor.  Neither of these options works with Don't Starve Together. I don't have an issue with Stardew Valley; the sound works fine.

I have had DST working on this computer just last week.  I'm not sure what has changed but I need assistance.

I don't know where to find the .mdmp file for Steam

Thank you

J.

Steps to Reproduce

Start steam

click on DST

Click on Host game

set up the game

start the game

no sound any time throughout this whole process.

User Feedback

Have you recently installed Zoom or Microsoft Teams on that Macintosh computer? There are other players reporting similar issues with the Unity version of FMOD not being able to iterate over the device list with them blaming these pieces of software for it. A potential workaround is to connect a microphone or headphones to the system but there is no guarantee this would work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Thanks, I don't have zoom or teams. but I will try headphones and see if that works.

6 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Have you recently installed Zoom or Microsoft Teams on that Macintosh computer? There are other players reporting similar issues with the Unity version of FMOD not being able to iterate over the device list with them blaming these pieces of software for it. A potential workaround is to connect a microphone or headphones to the system but there is no guarantee this would work.

7 hours ago, lakhnish said:

Thanks I don't have a Windows system I have a Mac.  I am the administrator but will see if there is something there I can tweak.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, jmdroots said:

Thanks, I don't have zoom or teams. but I will try headphones and see if that works.

headphones didn't work.  They work for sound on anything except for Don't Starve Together. 

Thanks I don't have a Windows system I have a Mac.  I am the administrator but will see if there is something there I can tweak.

There is nothing to tweak.  I'm the only user and I'm the administrator. 

Frustrated that I can't get this game to work.  It seems to me that it is the game because other games on Steam work just fine and my sound works just fine when I'm on the internet.

Still open to ideas...

Share this comment