No servers showing up

momochann1
  • Pending

No servers showing on dont starve together (mac) after update..  game is updated and i have internet connection, was working just fine before update

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.18.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 9.19.11 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

User Feedback

You'll want to verify your game contents in Steam, and then if that doesn't work, then we'll need to see your client logs.

On Mac, you will be able to find your client_log.txt file in ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 4/1/2022 at 11:59 AM, PeterA said:

You'll want to verify your game contents in Steam, and then if that doesn't work, then we'll need to see your client logs.

On Mac, you will be able to find your client_log.txt file in ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

i already did multiple times, and where do i send this client log

client_log.txt

Share this comment

6 hours ago, momochann1 said:

i can connect to other games just fine so its super weird that after update :(, that is what i see

Can you confirm that going to that url in your browser was on the same computer that you're trying to play DST on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

@momochann1 can you also try opening up a terminal window and grabbing the server listing manually by running this command.

curl -vvv https://lobby-cdn.klei.com/US-Steam-noevent.json.gz

and 

curl -kvvv https://lobby-cdn.klei.com/US-Steam-noevent.json.gz

and send us the results of both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hello,

I have the same problem than monochann1 : no server showing up.

The url in browser is ok : I get a correct json file.

------------------------------------------------------------

With curl -vvv, i have an encoded "file" -> it seems ok

*   Trying 52.84.174.120...

* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to lobby-cdn.klei.com (52.84.174.120) port 443 (#0)
* TLS 1.2 connection using TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
* Server certificate: lobby-cdn.klei.com
* Server certificate: Amazon
* Server certificate: Amazon Root CA 1
* Server certificate: Starfield Services Root Certificate Authority - G2
> GET /US-Steam-noevent.json.gz HTTP/1.1
> Host: lobby-cdn.klei.com
> User-Agent: curl/7.54.0
> Accept: */*

--------------------------------------------------------------

With curl -kvvv i have this response :

*   Trying 52.84.174.120...

* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to lobby-cdn.klei.com (52.84.174.120) port 443 (#0)
* WARNING: disabling hostname validation also disables SNI.
* SSL peer handshake failed, the server most likely requires a client certificate to connect
* Closing connection 0

curl: (35) SSL peer handshake failed, the server most likely requires a client certificate to connect

-------------------------

curl : (35) is the error i have in client_log.txt

Thanks for your help.

Share this comment

@ttora Could you attach your client_log.txt as well? It contains some other information that will be useful to help diagnose this issue. Let me know if you need help finding where the client_log.txt is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

i dont know how to use mac! sorry but how to send the result?? cuz the terminal text is too long to take pics LOL

ok for 

curl -vvv https://lobby-cdn.klei.com/US-Steam-noevent.json.gz

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 2.42.08 PM.png

and

curl -kvvv https://lobby-cdn.klei.com/US-Steam-noevent.json.gz

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 2.41.32 PM.png

Share this comment

From these logs and reading over Apple's security policy revolving around SSL certificates, it would appear that your root certificates have been set to an expired state and can no longer properly initiate an SSL handshake somewhere in the start of the connection. I would expect more errors with websites and services in the future going forward with how strict Apple's security policy is with SSL certificates.

Let me be clear in that it is highly recommended for you to update your OS to a more recent version. OS X 10.12 stopped receiving critical security patches on December 31, 2019. This will not only keep your device more secure than it is but it will help fix some of these issues with other services in the coming future.

I know you may not be able to update your OS under certain situations. A workaround does exist for updating your root certificates. Let me be even more clear here that doing this is a bandage and your devices will still be out of date in terms of critical security updates. In no way can Klei assist or support doing this. If you have access to a more up to date version of OS X then you can use Keychain Access to export its System certificates. You would then be able to transfer and import these certificates on an out of date computer to use. This can be a higher technical requirement to do this and I can not assist with this process. I do not recommend installing root certificates you find somewhere online. These certificates are used in a connection to verify that a server is really who it says it is. Malicious actors would be able to falsify their credentials if you have their custom certificates installed.

• Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

Share this comment