No auth token after successful launch on dedicated server

MintyJelly
  • Pending

Title says it all. Can join and leave server, but once the server is shut down and reopened I get the no auth token could be found and the server won't start. The cluster.ini and cluster token text document are still in their cluster folder for both caves and overworld folders. With the issue persisting after deleting server folders and repeating the process of setting up the server. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dedicated server launcher from my steam library with no luck.

server caves.ini

server overworld.ini

Steps to Reproduce
Launch "launch_preconfigured_servers.bat". Then I generate cluster token in world. I place both cluster.ini and the cluster text into the cluster folders of both caves and overworld folders. I place the leveldataoverride from the non-dedicated server from and to their respective folders (From the master folder to the dedicated overworld master folder and the caves folder into the dedicated caves master folder). server.ini is configured as provided in attached files. Server is launched from the .bat file. Launch is successful. Joining world is no problem. leave world. type command c_shutdown() for in the caves window and then type the same into the overworld window. Launch through the .bat to find the error "No auth token can be found".

User Feedback

I actually had same issue, except for the fact I never shut the server down at all. Playing for first time today, and dedicated servers sort of a hobby, so wasn't to difficult to set up. What was strange was after two hours of playing on my own local servers with caves edition, I locked up and looking at the server window of one saw error invalid token. After looking at it, I noticed one was changed when both started out identical. In the end, I followed the instructions as if putting the servers up as new again to obtain new token, and replaced both and rebooted with no issues this time around. I did make one slight change, which was put a password in to keep everyone I don't want on my server, from connecting. I did this because a few years back had a similar issue with another server program, and turned out there was a security flaw that people could abuse to change or delete files, and putting a password in, put a stop to it.

Share this comment

Edit:   Im editing this in order to cut down the spam. I believe I may have discovered why this is randomly happening, and if Im right, the time this happens is around 2 to 4 am pst. I can't say what days this takes place, only that the times are between 2 and 4am. I posted this on Steam as well. Have you ever been up real late, and go to do a store or workshop search for a title you know that is NOT stored in your favorites, for the search to show up a absolutely nothing, when you know full well you have the spelling right, and that hours before the workshop and store item did show? It's happened to me on a few occasions. Im not crazy, and for people who experience this, your not crazy either. In fact, we didn't mess up either. Certain days, between the hours of 2-4am pst, some of Steams systems go through an unannounced maintenance. The way the servers work, it is meant to not disrupt anyone, which is why most don't know about ir. When titles seem to vanish for that short time, I believe it's when Steams servers are reindexing. Workshop falls victim to this more often than not, and willing to bet that the invalid token issue is being caused during this maintenance. My servers.have been running 5 hours now with no issue. If anyone else gets this problem, and sees the time is the above hours, I suggest waiting till after 5am and try again.

Not sure why, but after time connected, the tokens becoming invalid. I figured the above might help, but no. I replace the tokens, and an hour or two later, invalid again.

Edited by Lord-Xanthor

Share this comment