Next day save = Lost connection

Heartbite
  • Pending

Recently, after the new Warly update, I can't proceed to the next day. I have 2 Servers, which I host on my PC and for as for the new update made a new one. The issue is this:

When the night shifts to day, which the server is trying to save I lose connection, though I am hosting it myself. It happens with the old servers on my PC aswell. Already disabled all Mods (which aren't many, just "World Regrow and Automatic Traps") and made a clean re-install but this issue still persist. Don't know what to do anymore, because of this problem DST became completely unable to play. I hope I'm not the only one (sounds mean), so others may get some help for this problem aswell.

Steps to Reproduce
It simply happens all the time, no matter what server I am hosting, making a new one or even joining. Everytime it tries to save when it gets morning, I can walk about a few clicks and then I lose connection to the server.

User Feedback

Hello @Heartbite, welcome to the forums.

Firstly though, as a forewarning I can't guarantee I can help fix the issue but I can help with diagnosing things further.

So if you are able to replicate the issue again, then let it happen again BUT once you get disconnected do the following (without closing DST):

• Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\
  • Open Cluster_#, where # corresponds to the server slot you used from the Host Game screen
  • Open Master folder
  • Drag server_log.txt and drop it into the edit TEXT box when you make a reply to this at the bottom of this page
  • OR click the _choose files..._, and browse to that location and attach the file that way.
  • Also get the client_log.txt from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\

The server_log.txt should show why it fails and why you get disconnected.

My guess is, that your default location for save files (Drive C, or which ever drive you have your OS installed on), is full. So when the game tries to save, it fails cause there is no more space to save in. Check if the OS drive, make space and try again.

Share this comment

37 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @Heartbite, welcome to the forums.

Firstly though, as a forewarning I can't guarantee I can help fix the issue but I can help with diagnosing things further.

So if you are able to replicate the issue again, then let it happen again BUT once you get disconnected do the following (without closing DST):

• Go to Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\
  • Open Cluster_#, where # corresponds to the server slot you used from the Host Game screen
  • Open Master folder
  • Drag server_log.txt and drop it into the edit TEXT box when you make a reply to this at the bottom of this page
  • OR click the _choose files..._, and browse to that location and attach the file that way.
  • Also get the client_log.txt from Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\

The server_log.txt should show why it fails and why you get disconnected.

My guess is, that your default location for save files (Drive C, or which ever drive you have your OS installed on), is full. So when the game tries to save, it fails cause there is no more space to save in. Check if the OS drive, make space and try again.

Thank you for helping out. It just recently happened after the Warly update for me. Everything went perfectly fine beforehand. I hope I did it right in this post. About the harddrive being full... it can't be since I got a 1TB harddrive with over 500GB free disk.

client_log.txt

server_log.txt

Share this comment

@Heartbite if you look at your server_log.txt file you can see towards the end that a function of workshop-514758022 (World Regrowth) is stuck in the following loop then fails:

../mods/workshop-514758022/scripts/components/minspawner.lua:91 in (upvalue) TrySpawn (Lua) <80-93>
   strfab = houndmound
   pt = (572.00, 0.00, -759.00)
   tile = 1
   canspawn = false
   tilecheck = function - ../mods/workshop-514758022/scripts/components/minspawner.lua:37

Looking at World Regrowth mod specifically, it seems like that mod hasn't been updated in three years. So it's likely to fail on newer versions of the game. What I can only recommend is that you start over without that mod, since its highly likely that the mod has messed with the save file and would continue to fail even if you disable it. But if you still want that same effect, then there is another mod that's more recent although I cannot vouch for its workability in the current version build. Try that:

Mod: Desolation Regrowth+

Ultimately though, this is an issue with mods and not with the base game. If other problems arise, make sure it also occurs in a modless new world save.

Cheers.

Share this comment

Just tried it without the World Regrowth mod and you were absolutely right. It was the main cause for it. The server still works with the automatic traps, which is a big plus and also I will try the desolation mod you suggested it for me. Thank you so much @Zillvr. You're a DST life saver :)

Share this comment