New Electric Spark Animation for Electric Weapons/Jelly is Confusing

lakhnish
  • Pending

Previously, there were a visual cue/tooltip issue of knowing when stuff was or was not wet when holding a tool, which was resolved in one of the patches (blue text=wet is what I tell people that ask now).

However, the new electrical animation reintroduces a variation of this visual cue issue of knowing when you're dealing full electrical damage (1.5x vs 2.5x, iirc).

Here's a demonstration of what I mean.

One of these dummytargets is wet and will be dealt the extra damage from wetness. The other dry, meaning it will won't get that bonus electrical damage when things are wet. 

Which one is wet and which one is dry? Make sure you guessed first before revealing the answer!

5d3dbc01b9d92_dryorwet.gif.74eae6013c88ce2015b5559c471f2766.gif

Spoiler

Did you guess?

Spoiler

It was the one on the right.

right.gif.66aea217b6e2ca6b39c25f7d6ede2ff8.gif

Is it possible to detect when the world and/or creature has the wetness tag and just scale the animation accordingly? That's the best I could think of, though I don't know if it's possible.

Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce
Use an electrical weapon/eat the Volt Goat Jelly. Hit a dummytarget or bulky mob/boss and become confused as to whether you're doing the 1.5 or 2.5 damage modifier (unless you know that [blue text = wet] trick that was fixed recently.)
  • Like 3

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.