My DST just closes, i cant play

CabooseVA
  • Pending

For those with a DST copy out there i have this bug where my game does not start, the game tab only appears for a fraction of a second and closes I have never had problems before and this is a novelty, I need help

Steps to Reproduce

1.-Select "Play/Launch game"
2.- game pops and closes
3.- that's all

User Feedback

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the game. Checking your provided log, it certainly looks like your game's profile file has somehow been corrupted. This can be fixed by deleting your profile file, however, doing so will cause you to lose game settings/options. It will not affect your unlocks/skins, save files or servers.
(We recommend making a backup of the profile file and save it in a different location just to be on the safe side before doing anything else).

That said, you will be able to find your "profile" file in your documents folder at \Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\<numbers>\client_save\

If the <numbers> folder does not exist, then it will be located here instead: \Klei\DoNotStarveTogether\client_save\ from there, delete the "profile" file.

Once deleted, launch the game once more, set your game's options/settings to your preferred values, and try playing the game once more.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment