Merm Heir doesn't want to be king

kaTome
  • Fixed

The merm sitting on the tapestry will take kelp but does not eat it. I cannot make a merm king.

Steps to Reproduce

Get merm to sit on royal tapestry

Feed him

He is not king

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Sorry this was my mistake. I did not see the logic for going to the throne is repeated even if the Merm is already sitting on the throne making it ignore all of the other tasks.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Hi Jesse B.

I think the bug is still valid, we currently can't make a merm to a king. Gave it food (2 figatonies), didn't change. Killed it, and it dropped the food items. The feeding was done by a Wurt (the killing by a Wolfgang)

• Like 1

Share this comment

12 minutes ago, Snowcrow said:

Hi Jesse B.

I think the bug is still valid, we currently can't make a merm to a king. Gave it food (2 figatonies), didn't change. Killed it, and it dropped the food items. The feeding was done by a Wurt (the killing by a Wolfgang)

The hotfix has not been released yet to patch the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

I am having the same problem in my world. I'm on day 604. When I feed the merm on the tapestry it no longer transforms into the Merm King. In caves it doesn't work either. I noticed that this happened after I became a monkey on the island and reverted to Wurt. I've tried to kill the merm on the tapestry and wait for another to take his place but that doesn't work either. 

Share this comment