Map Overloaded with False Objects

toodoh
  • Pending

Map gets completely overloaded with objects that aren't actually there as I walk around. It causes me to lag with so many 'objects' on the map. Disconnecting and reconnecting 'cleans' the map but it's frustrating to have to do that every hour or so.

Please help! :(

screencap.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

Just walking around uncovering map objects.

User Feedback

Hello @toodoh, welcome to the forums. Are you perhaps using a mod that adds Map Icons? e.g. "Where's my Beefalo" OR "Map Revealer", etc?

You'd probably be better off reporting these issues to the mod creator directly. Disable those Map mods if you have any and see which ones causes it, then let the mod creator of that mod know of the issue.

If you are joining a random server world that uses other mods, there wouldn't be any way for you to fix it unless you join other worlds without those compromised mods active.

Share this comment

10 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @toodoh, welcome to the forums. Are you perhaps using a mod that adds Map Icons? e.g. "Where's my Beefalo" OR "Map Revealer", etc?

You'd probably be better off reporting these issues to the mod creator directly. Disable those Map mods if you have any and see which ones causes it, then let the mod creator of that mod know of the issue.

If you are joining a random server world that uses other mods, there wouldn't be any way for you to fix it unless you join other worlds without those compromised mods active.

Thanks @Zillvr, I'm really enjoying DST so figured I'd hop on the forums as well :)

In fact I was using a mod, it was "Where's my Beefalo?"! I disabled the mod and booted up the server again and that was the exact mod giving me issues, so thanks! I'll let the mod creator know!

Share this comment