Malbatross spawning countdown resetting issue

thewalkingcamel
  • Fixed

When the first possible Malbatross in a world got killed and the Malbatross spawning countdown appears, whenever one restarts their server (doing rollback included) the spawning countdown resets, unless when the said Malbatross spawned successfully and is currently existing in the world. This can cause problems, as it prevents following Malbatrosses (any other Malbatrosses spawned after the death of the first one) to even have the chance to spawn without the player playing for several in-game days one-shot (without doing any halfway quitting/rolling back for any reason) everytime they log in. This requires unneccessary long-term focus on the game, which I believe is not a very humanized situation and causes great inconvenience, as well as making Malbatrosses even rarer than intentioned meanwhile. On the other hand since the spawning of the first Malbatross does not act according to the rules mentioned above (which I believe is unneccessary functionally) I question whether this being a bug or not.

Steps to Reproduce

Step1. Find the first naturally spawned Malbatross in a server

Step2. Kill the said Malbatross

Step3. Check the Malbatross spawning countdown value for this server. This can be achieved by entering the console command c_announce(TheWorld.components.malbatrossspawner:GetDebugString()) or utilizing indicator-type mods such as Insight or Tips

Step4. Go past a period of time and restart/rollback the server

Step5. Check the Malbatross spawning countdown value another time. Notice how the value resets

• Like 2

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 5/20/2021 at 10:55 PM, zarklord_klei said:

Changed Status to Fixed

Issue still exists in version 466240
At the end of the countdown, save and reload, and the countdown will be reset.

Share this comment