Majority of settings - different from default - don't work on dedicated server + it shows 2 forest shards

Pig Princess
  • Pending

As title says, some settings stopped to work after lastest update: wildfires, fire hounds were turned off in game files, but they show as default in the details in browser list and they are changed in-game to defaut values (I saw both wildfires and fire hounds during hound waves despite settings in the worldgenoverride). Spawn protection (which was set to always) is also changed to default. Events are shown as default even though all of them except YotB were set to "always". Server mode (endless) and associated with that settings are shown and work normally though. Since cave shard is displayed as forest in the details in browser list, it's hard to check cave settings in game (moleworms and earthquakes are set to little in game files). Caves themselves are accessible.

Considering recently reported bug with pirate stash deleting extra items and not recognising stacks of items, I'm trying to set pirate raids to none, but they are shown as default again.

Before recent update settings worked normally.

image.thumb.png.60e2e1cd39a4e09c78a0e4801a6817d3.png

Steps to Reproduce

1. Launch dedicated with some non-default settings (aside from server type preset).

2. See both in-game and in describtion details of server in browser list that those settings are set to default.

Optional:

3. Change some world settings.

4. Check describtion and in-game situation and see that they are set to default.

User Feedback

Update 13.12.22: I didn't change anything in the files, but some settings started to work after some time passed. Fire hounds and pirate raids still remained on default though, so I checked again worldgenoverride and decided to restart server. But that broke all non-default settings except related to endless game mode again. Also both before and after restart in details in server list still 2 forest shards were shown instead of forest and caves.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but dedicated server is hosted by Nodecraft. Still, before that there weren't any problems with runnng dedicated server, so I'm not sure if it's on Nodecraft end, problems with website or something is wrong in the game itself, thus I decided to post it here.

Edited by Pig Princess

Share this comment