Mac - Window too small

kaTome
  • Fixed

The new update broke my game on mac. It now only shows in the lower left corner. 

Clicking doesn't sync with the graphics. Seems like it wants me to click as if the picture were full size

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 5.32.31 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

open the game

• Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

和你遇到了同样的问题,但是我找到了一种可以解决这个问题的方法,但是它会在一定程度上降低游戏的清晰度,设置->图像,然后开启全屏,并将分辨率设置为1152x720.实际上,目前的问题只是出自显示上,你仍能在原来的位置上进行鼠标控制。但是这治标不治本,还是需要等待jesseb的解决方案。

The same problem with you .but I found a method that can solve problems,but it will to some extent reduce the clarity of the game。options->graphics->fullscreen enabled and   resolution 1152x720. Actually, it's just a display issue, and you can still use the mouse to control it in its original position.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Same problem. Montery with M1 chip.

I changed to the fullscreen mode and it worked, may be a temporary solution.

Edited by Sifer

Share this comment

hi guys, had the same issue with small screen. Change the resolution of the screen. Works for me from 1440 and higher. I got a MacBook Pro 2019 i7

Share this comment

12 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

An update to the retinadisplaytest branch has been applied if you are available to do another test on it. My thanks!

Unfortunately not

截屏2023-11-02 09.58.47.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

An update to the retinadisplaytest branch has been applied. Internal tests have been good but I want someone from the community to confirm this is a good fix before deploying to the main branch.

• Like 2

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

An update to the retinadisplaytest branch has been applied. Internal tests have been good but I want someone from the community to confirm this is a good fix before deploying to the main branch.

Finally...

截屏2023-11-02 15.35.51.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I tried it as well on a Macbook Pro with Intel Processor and it works. Hope to get the hotfix globally soon

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Tried the retinadisplaytest and now the game isn't loading at all. Even when I turned the test branch off and went back to the normal one.

Mac with Retina display 

Share this comment

1 hour ago, memeeetillz said:

Tried the retinadisplaytest and now the game isn't loading at all. Even when I turned the test branch off and went back to the normal one.

Mac with Retina display 

The game may have saved odd settings in your client.ini file related to display settings. A hotfix is in the works for this Retina display issue. In the mean time you could try renaming the file and try again it is located at ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/#####/client.ini to see if it clears up your issue it is having now.

Share this comment

In steam I have same problem still :(

device:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)
CPU: 3,1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphic: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

I tried deleting client.ini and restarting but it didn't help

image.png.e069fafa503d6284da528be045c80ef1.png

Share this comment

19 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

The game may have saved odd settings in your client.ini file related to display settings. A hotfix is in the works for this Retina display issue. In the mean time you could try renaming the file and try again it is located at ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/#####/client.ini to see if it clears up your issue it is having now.

It is working again! Thanks 

I uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted my Mac 

Edited by memeeetillz

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, memeeetillz said:

Still not opening the game. I also uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing

Please post your client_log.txt file located at ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, memeeetillz said:

Still not opening the game. I also uninstalled and reinstalled still nothing

1 minute ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Please post your client_log.txt file located at ~/Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/client_log.txt

It is working now 

Thanks for your help

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, memeeetillz said:

It is working now 

Thanks for your help

Thank you for getting it to work. Does the screen render correctly on your system?

Share this comment

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Thank you for getting it to work. Does the screen render correctly on your system?

Yes it seems to be back to normal

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 11/3/2023 at 10:42 PM, Cheeto-Jesus said:

Issue is still present, in latest update; same device settings. 2017 Macbook pro.

In Steam go to the Library tab where the games are and right click on Don't Starve Together. Select the Properties button and go to the Installed Files tab. At the top right will be Browse button click on that to see dontstarve_steam.app in Finder. Right click on dontstarve_steam.app and Get Info on it. If there is a check box called Open in Low Resolution make sure it is checked and try the game again.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 11/5/2023 at 9:23 AM, JesseB_Klei said:

In Steam go to the Library tab where the games are and right click on Don't Starve Together. Select the Properties button and go to the Installed Files tab. At the top right will be Browse button click on that to see dontstarve_steam.app in Finder. Right click on dontstarve_steam.app and Get Info on it. If there is a check box called Open in Low Resolution make sure it is checked and try the game again.

The issue is fixed after your instructions, thanks! Below screenshots are from (1) when I intended to send another update here, and (2) when I realized that you replied to my comment. I think the solution might be a bit more manual than most mac users may prefer, but it definitely fixed things on my side. The mac users may still need a non-manual solution though. Happy thanksgiving to you and the team : )

image.png.f7450c0ba65e2cc0f4faa77d085c38e1.pngimage.png.2209f74d572af7484ee046b9e0785a61.png

Share this comment