Mac - Window too small

kaTome
  • Fixed

The new update broke my game on mac. It now only shows in the lower left corner. 

Clicking doesn't sync with the graphics. Seems like it wants me to click as if the picture were full size

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 5.32.31 PM.png

Steps to Reproduce

open the game

• Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I'm having the same problem.

Apple M2 chip, Ventura 13.6

Tried restarting don't starve together, steam but still didn't fix the issue.client_log.txt

Edited by haewi

Share this comment

Based on the patch note I am trying to manually update the window in the client.ini

I changed windowed_width to 1440

and windowed_height  to 900

per my screens dimensions.

but now when I run it it changes them both to 0.

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I've found that manually putting the game on fullscreen and selecting the right resolution will lock me in the don't starve window until I close the app. I can't command+tab, I can't change window or hit F3. Attached files are my computer info and an OBS recording of me trying to fix the problem. Also tried restarting my computer but no reinstall.

Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 10.47.15 am.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@JesseB_Klei any update on this? Will yall roll back the fix or at least let us choose the functional build with steam betas?

I could fix it myself in the client.ini if I knew what settings to put down.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Paul Lockett said:

any update on this? Will yall roll back the fix or at least let us choose the functional build with steam betas?

I am setting up a test branch for a potential fix to release when it can. If you want to play on an old version to still play for now I have added branch beforemacoschanges to use you may need to restart Steam to see the new branch.

A test branch called retinadisplaytests has been added. Please let me know if this branch resolves the issue for you. If it does not you can go back to beforemacoschanges to continue playing.

• Like 2

Share this comment

35 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

A test branch called retinadisplaytests has been added.

The issue still remains in this branch.

截屏2023-11-01 20.42.17.png

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

I'm having the same issue. Game worked yesterday, can't click on anything today because the game is too small.

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.29.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.29.23 PM.png

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Masterbobli said:

The issue still remains in this branch.

An update to the retinadisplaytest branch has been applied if you are available to do another test on it. My thanks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

28 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

An update to the retinadisplaytest branch has been applied if you are available to do another test on it. My thanks!

how do we find the branches - willing to test

Share this comment

Just now, LlyresW said:

how do we find the branches - willing to test

Close Don't Starve Together if it is running, right click on Don't Starve Together in the Steam Library and select Properties, the left side will be Betas, and then the top right the Beta Participation drop down can be selected to an available branch.

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

hi! just tested this now,, the window is still too small

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Have the same issue and i have retina display as well. The beta didnt fix it unfortunately

Edited by Myrcella

Share this comment