Lunar rift in long running world

Smile23
  • Pending

I have a world which has been running for over 1500 days and after the update I defeated the Celestial Champion and gave Wagstaff the shard. After around 15 days a lunar rift showed up in the map. The lunar rift terraformed the land quickly and closed after less than 5 days and didn't produce the normal amount of Ryftstals and only spawned  deadly brightshade gestalts 3 times and each time only 1, to a total of 3. I defeated the Celestial Champion again 3 times in a row but only 1 rift opened as opposed to multiple rifts. I think multiple rifts should have opened and each taking a long time to close and spawning many deadly brightshade gestalts each time instead of 1. Is this all intended?

Steps to Reproduce

Defeat Celestial Champion in a an old save. Observe that rifts don't work properly.

User Feedback

Giving Wagstaff the shard toggles rifts to spawn permanently around the map. They are not proportional to killing CC multiple times. One spawns around the map at a time, and after a cooldown of ~10-15 days after the rift closes causes another rift to randomly spawn around the map.

• Like 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

Giving Wagstaff the shard toggles rifts to spawn permanently around the map. They are not proportional to killing CC multiple times. One spawns around the map at a time, and after a cooldown of ~10-15 days after the rift closes causes another rift to randomly spawn around the map.

Thank you for the info. But is it supposed to live for less than 5 days? And spawn gestalts one at a time?

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Smile23 said:

Thank you for the info. But is it supposed to live for less than 5 days? And spawn gestalts one at a time?

It definitely should be lasting longer then that. For reference, a rift will always spawn between 5-6 “waves” of brightshades. This normally, for me, takes ~10 days.

The spawn amount being 1 is not normal, but also isn’t necessary impossible to occur either. Since your world is from before the update, it’s likely that the brightshades are having issues targeting plants due to the herd mechanics not being retrofitted on transplanted plants. Essentially, all of your plants from before the update are considered “wild” plants, and planting any plants afterwards will put them into “herds”, which the brightshades rely on for proper spawning.

Share this comment