Lose connection to server when entering caves

NinjaSoap
  • Pending

I have been playing DST for the past 3 days with some friends, and just today when I tried to log into the server I would lose connection before getting in the game. No matter what I did, I could not reconnect to the server. I tried reinstalling the game as well as verifying the integrity of game cache and neither worked. After running some experiments I figured out that the cause to this inability to connect is because I logged out in the caves. This server is completely vanilla with no mods installed. When I tried making a new server I can connect to it fine until I try to enter the caves. Upon entering the caves, I get a loading screen which results in a loss of connection to the server (exactly what happens when I try to join my main server).

Any help is greatly appreciated, I was having a great time exploring the caves and its a shame that I can no longer go there (or reconnect to our server at all for that matter)

Steps to Reproduce
1. Launch DST 2. Connect to friends server 3. Play for a few days and log out in the caves 4. Try to log in but only to lose connection to the server 5. Create new server and log in fine 6. Find the caves and try to enter it only to lose connection to the server again 7. Cannot connect to friends server at all, can reconnect to the new test server as it puts me back outside the sinkhole and not inside the caves

User Feedback

What is the network setup like? Are you playing with friends on the same LAN as you, or over the Internet?

Share this comment